Vomiting & Diarrhoea
TIPS FOR PREVENTING VOMITING & DIARRHOEA
- Wash your hands in soapy water after nappy changes and going to the toilet, and before preparing or eating food.
- Try to cover vomit (i.e. close the toilet lid immediately after) to avoid the spread of particles through the air.
- Clean contaminated surfaces with detergent, warm water and bleach (toilet seat, bathroom taps, door handles etc.). Use paper towels to clean any waste, and dispose of the waste in a leak proof plastic bag.
- Do not drink online pharmacy uk contaminated water.
- Minimise public contamination – Stay home from child care, school or work for a minimum of 48 hours and avoid swimming pools for 14 days after diarrhoea and vomiting stops.
- Prepare food on clean surfaces and with clean equipment, make sure food is cooked thoroughly and kept hot (over 60 degrees) or refrigerated as soon as possible. Refrigerate highly perishable foods as soon as possible (e.g. raw meat and dairy products).
Avoid vacuuming, as this may further spread viral particles.